Right to self-determined sexuality
Everyone has the right to live their sexuality marching to their own beat. The sexual rights of each and every individual are a fundamental human right and therefore, like any other human right, universal and indivisible. Therefore, they must not be subordinated to other aspects such as economic interests or majority of political and moral opinions.
There is a "Charter of Sexual and Reproductive Rights" which names the following rights in terms of sexuality and reproduction:
- the right to life
- the right to freedom and integrity of the person
- the right to equality and not to be subject to any form of discrimination
- the right to privacy
- the right to freedom of thought
- the right to information and education
- the right to choose freely for or against marriage and the foundation and planning of a family
- the right to decide freely whether and when the birth of one's own children is desired
- the right to health care and sanitary protection
- the right to benefit from scientific progress
- the right to freedom of assembly and political participation
- the right to protection against torture and ill-treatment
If you want to know more or have questions, please contact a doctor or a pro familia counselling centre.
Doctors, social workers, psychologists and pedagogues shall be at your disposal as contact persons.
Right for family planning
Englische Übersetzung gefördert von:
English translation funded by: