When the desire to have a child is not fulfilled, many people find themselves in a crisis.
The feeling that their most ardent wish will not be fulfilled can lead to deep despair and have negative effects on many different areas of life. In this situation, psychosocial counseling can be helpful. It offers information, guidance and support in every phase of the unfulfilled desire to have a child. The counseling is independent and open to different treatment approaches from reproductive medicine, naturopathy, environmental medicine and psychology.
In particular, the counseling may address questions such as:
- How can I endure the roller coaster of feelings of hope and doubt?
- Do I want to seek medical treatment and if so, which one?
- How do I counter incomprehension and pressure from my environment?
- How do we as a couple deal with our unfulfilled desire to have children?
- How can we better deal with sexual problems?
- Is sperm donation an option for me/for us?
- How can I tell my child that it was conceived with a foreign sperm donation?
- How can I fulfill my desire to have a child as a single woman or in a same-sex partnership?
- Are there alternatives for me to having my own child?
- How do I want to deal with my desire to have a child in the future?
Counseling on the unfulfilled desire to have a child at pro familia
- is based on your questions and needs
- takes place as individual or couple counseling, group offers or lectures
- is aimed at homosexual and heterosexual couples and singles
- is subject to confidentiality and is also anonymous on request
We look forward to your registration
- Please call 089/ 33 00 84 0 to make an appointment.
The following contacts are at your disposal:
Dr. Annette Tretzel: (Psychologist and systemic couple and family therapist) is certified by BKID (Beratungsnetzwerk Kinderwunsch Deutschland - German Society for Infertility Counseling) for psychosocial counseling in cases of unfulfilled desire to have children and for counseling in cases of foreign sperm donation (see www.bkid.de). Telephone consultation hours: Tuesday 3:00 3:30 pm under 089/33 00 84-41.
Gerdi Walleitner: (Dipl. Sozialpädagogin, art therapist, counselor for psychosocial counseling in cases of unfulfilled desire to have children (FB at BKID). Telephone consultation hours: Friday 11:00 - 12:00 at 089/ 33 00 84-62.
Helga Schwarz: (physician)
Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ) - Pregnancy and Desire for Children
Also frequently sought