Counselling services provided by the pro familia counselling centres
During the Corona crisis, the pro familia counselling centres can operate to a limited extent only. At many counselling centres, urgent counselling, in particular, is taking place. However, operational changes are possible at any time. At the counselling centres, increased hygiene precautions have been taken, and, where possible, counselling takes place by telephone. Online counselling is still possible; so, too, is contact by email. The information that pro familia provides on the Internet and on social media are available without restriction.
Please cancel appointments with pro familia if you have symptoms of Corona, you have been in a risk region, or you are in quarantine. In case of doubt, please phone in advance.
You can find the contact data and opening hours of the 190 pro familia counselling centres and the pro familia online counselling service here. There, you can also find out whether scheduled events will be taking place.
Mandatory counselling before a termination of pregnancy shall continue to be provided. Please enquire with your pro familia counselling centre and arrange an appointment. You will find the contact data here.
Counselling and advice on pregnancy-related topics, for example prenatal diagnostics, social and financial assistance during pregnancy, and parental leave, will – where possible – be provided by telephone.
Please clarify by phone whether counselling on partnership and sexuality, violence, confidential birth, involuntary childlessness, or parenting can be provided at short notice during the Corona crisis.
Informations and Recommendations
You can find out here until when a termination of pregnancy is possible and what you should bear in mind.
Information on the risks for pregnant women and babies can be found on the websites of the medical societies (PDF document).
Ensure reliable prevention of unwanted pregnancies also during the difficult times of the Corona crisis.
If you are taking the pill, make sure that you have enough packets. Should you run short, we recommend that you obtain a new prescription in good time.
A reasonable supply of condoms is to be recommended. You can find further information on contraceptives here.
- pro familia's online counselling.
- Kinder- und Jugendtelefon: Nummer gegen Kummer [Helpline for children and young people] Tel.: 116111. Anonymous and free of charge from mobile and landline phones. Mon.–Sat. from 2 p.m. – 8 p.m. With an informative website and onliine counselling.
- Elterntelefon [Helpline for parents]: Tel: 0800-1110550. Anonymous and free of charge from mobile and landline phones. Mon.-Fri. from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m., Tues. + Thurs. 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. With an informative website.
- Hilfetelefon Schwangere in Not [Helpline for pregnant women in distress]. Tel.: 0800- 40 40 020 round the clock. In 18 languages. Informs about assistance for pregnant women and confidential birth. With an informative webseite.
- Hilfetelefon Gewalt gegen Frauen [Helpline “Violence against women”]. Tel.: 08000-116 016. Around the clock. For women who have experienced, or are still experiencing, violence. Anonymous counselling is also available on www.hilfetelefon.de free of charge to relatives,friends, and professionals.
- Details of all counselling centres that provide advice on family planning, as well as further information can be found on the website of the Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung [Federal Centre for Health Education].
- Background information on the Corona virus and tips for hygiene and behaviour can be found on the website of the Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung [Federal Centre for Health Education] https://www.infektionsschutz.de/coronavirus-sars-cov-2.html
- Up-to-date information on the Corona virus can be found on the website of the Robert Koch Institute.
There are many false reports on the Internet about the Corona crisis. Tips on how to deal with these reports can be found on the website of the Süddeutschen Zeitung